Anglican Care Waiapu (ACW), is the social services arm of the Anglican Diocese of Waiapu. Our Early Childcare Education Centres – Waiapu Kids are located across eight locations in Bay of Plenty, Tairāwhiti and Hawkes Bay and offer safe, nurturing, and educational environments for children and whānau to thrive.
We are looking for professional and energetic certificated Early Childhood Teachers to join our pool of relievers!
Mō te tūranga | About the roles
Join one of our well-established community based Early Childhood Education Centres, offering high quality education and care in a safe and compassionate play based, environment catering for tamariki aged from birth to 6 years in a mixed age setting.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day education, well-being, and health and safety of children attending our centre; ensuring provision of education and care to service standards. You will also demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi and bi-cultural practice and meet the Teaching Council’s required Teaching Standards. You will have a strong values base and conduct yourself with integrity, professionalism, and care.
Ko wai koe | About you
This diverse teaching environment requires the following abilities; you will need to be open, authentic and understanding in order to connect with our truly special communities.
You will need the superpower of being able to transition from addressing the complex needs of infants, to toddlers, to preschoolers, and back again in the space of minutes . . . or maybe all at the same time. Patience is essential, putting extra in your pocket for when you run out is also recommended. You of course will need to bring plenty of love to share around, and be prepared to get a lot back in return.
You must be able to slot into a strong and supportive team; bring something new, interest us, teach us, and grow with us. Above all be prepared to laugh . . . a lot . . . even at yourself.
It is essential you have an ECE or Primary qualification recognised by the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand. You must also have full or provisional registration.
You will also have:
- A love and passion for working with children and their whānau
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong professional ethics
- Ability to work effectively within a team and a commitment to excellent early childhood practice
- The ability to build relationships and work in partnership with a variety of external and internal stakeholders including parents, families/whānau, community, Iwi, other social services, our church partners
- A willingness to embrace the Anglican Care Waiapu values and mission
- Knowledge and practice of Te Whāriki and MOE Licensing Criteria
What we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration – extended pay parity
- Learning and development opportunities, support and mentoring to gain full registration (if applicable)
- Free ECE for your Under 5’s (if applicable)
- A fun and enjoyable work environment with a fantastic team and great adult:child ratios
- Work/life balance (this is important for us!)
If you’re ready for the next step in your career, then we’d love to hear from you! To apply or to see the job description click the buttons below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.