This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Counsellor or Social Worker to work with adults and children, with the option to provide therapy in a one to one setting or through group programmes.
Anglican Care Waiapu is committed to supporting our most vulnerable children, young people, families/whanau and elderly and partnering with them to achieve positive outcomes. We recognise and acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi which invites us into a covenant relationship with Māori of mutual respect, support and dialogue.
We are looking to employ a qualified Counsellor or Social Worker for a permanent 30 hour per week position based at Tararua Family Services in Dannevirke. This is an exciting opportunity as each day you will be faced with the challenge of utilising your knowledge, skills, and networks to produce the best possible outcomes for children, young people and adults. You will be well supported by clinical supervision, ongoing training and a professional congenial and responsive team environment.
- Registered Social Worker or Counsellor (can be working towards registration).
- Able to support vulnerable children and adults in a professional capacity.
- Experience facilitating groups of children and adults.
- Confidence to facilitate learning about grief, loss and change among professional peers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound computer literacy skills.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Experience working in a bicultural and/or multi-cultural context.
- Able to champion the special character of Anglican Care Waiapu.
The successful candidate will have strong professional ethics, a commitment to excellent practice and a drive to make a difference to whanau and the community.
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you – To apply and view the Position Description, click the button below
Applications close Friday 1 October 2021
The successful applicant shall be required to complete and pass a New Zealand Police Vetting as part of The Children’s Act 2014. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Anglican Care Waiapu is the social services arm of Anglican Diocese of Waiapu, providing faith-based services to children, young people families/whanau and elderly throughout the Hawkes Bay, Bay of Plenty and Eastland. The successful applicant will need to have the ability to foster an environment reflective of the special character and Christian values of Anglican Care Waiapu.